Classic Macaroni Salad
Classic Macaroni salad; everyone's summer BBQ favorite!
Servings: 8 cups
- 8 ounces macaroni “salad” or “elbow” cut
- 3 each hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Boil the macaroni in salted water until tender. Drain and chill.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, chopped hard boiled eggs, diced celery and onions, and chopped parsley.
Into the bowl with the macaroni, add the mustard, sweet pickle relish, mayonnaise and stir to combine. Mix in the salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and taste for seasoning. Adjust as needed and refrigerate. Check seasoning and texture before serving because sometimes the macaroni will need more moisture (mayonnaise) after absorbing some of the dressing while in the refrigerator